Behavior is one of the most important elements of the school day. If behavior is out of control, then learning is not possible. I use a 5-step method in my classroom. Children will move up and down the Consequence Scale daily according to the choices they make. If they make poor choices at the beginning of class, they may redeem themselves with good choices and still end the day with a smile. Students who have earned all smiles at the end of the week will get to choose a small treat from my treasure box on Friday. You can check your child's daily progress in their Notebooks which will be brought to and from school everyday.
1. Everyone begins with a smile.
2. Warning
3. "Uh-Oh" Face (5 minutes time out - recess or fun activity)
4. Warning
5. Sad Face (15 minutes time out - recess or fun activity AND call to parent)
If a child is completely out of control and extremely disruptive, they will skip beyond these steps and be sent straight to the office.
Please review these consequences with your children. I will be sending home a form asking if you have reviewed the rules and consequences and I will ask you to sign this form acknowledging you have done so. I do this because I want to make sure our day is used to it's maximum capacity.
Thank You,
Miss Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment